There’s no doubt that outdoor entertaining has become a huge trend of late. More and more people are choosing to stay at home for fun and relaxation, either as a way to create more time with the family or simply to control unnecessary expenses. Therefore, making over outdoor spaces has also become a popular project for homeowners.
If you’re thinking of transforming your outdoor space into a highly functional venue for your family to use, decking is certainly worth considering.
Benefits and Uses of a Deck
Your deck may seem like nothing more than a little spot to relax in under the sun, but there are so many ways to use it to your advantage.
Place a picnic table here and you automatically have a new dining area for your family.
It can be an extension of your kitchen if you add a barbecue grill to your deck, as well as an outdoor stove. You don’t have to worry about the interior of your home being filled with smoke when you feel like throwing a barby for lunch.
- It’s a private area to use for a house party.
- It can increase the value of your entire property because it’s a functional feature.
- It can enhance the landscape design of your property.
How to Make the Most of the Space of Your Deck
Getting the most out of your deck entails careful planning. There’s an abundance of decking ideas to consider, especially when you go on social media sites like Pinterest and Instagram. Save all the ideas you like and see which would be easily applicable to the deck design you have in mind, as well as your functional requirements and the size of the space you’re working with.
If you wish to make the most out of your deck, consider the following:
- The activities that you and your family actually enjoy doing outdoors. Think about the furniture and other implements you want to ensure functional mileage.
- How will it improve your landscape design? Sydney landscapers say the improvement of appearance always requires special attention especially if there’s already a nice garden present.
- What are the best materials to use based on the natural climate of your area?
- How much landscaping would it take to accommodate the deck?
- Are there safety issues to consider depending on the size and function of the deck?
What to Be Cautious of When Making Your Deck
You may already be down and happy with your decking and landscaping ideas, but you need to take into account safety requirements. The International Residential Code is strict about certain components of decking. For example, when it comes to railings, there are some restrictions on horizontal installations. Some areas are more restrictive than others, so it’s imperative to know what building authorities in your location have to say.
It’s important to take into account decking and garden ideas that may not be child-friendly. Check with code enforcement officers for childproofing strategies for your deck and landscape design – even if you don’t have young children.
A deck makes a great outdoor escape for families. From being a basic single square platform enclosed by railings, it has now become a beautiful home extension that offers a lot of benefits. If you want extra functional space for your property, adding a deck, or improving your basic one, will definitely achieve this objective.
Consider landscape design and decking options
If you’re looking for professional garden design and landscaping services in Sydney, we can assist your landscape needs and provide you further guidance, please get in contact with us to book a free on-site consultation or give us a call now 02-9548 6024.